Sunday 15 June 2014

Brazil and the World Cup

Hi, I going to tell you about Brazil and the World Cup

Brazil is a very big country in South Americ, it have around 8.500.000 Km2 and more than 200.000.000 peoples.Its government takes the form of a federal republic led by a president, at present her is Dilma Rousseff. 

Currently, Brazil is an economic power in Latin America, but have some social problems, for example; the poverty, which is around 30% of the population, partly caused by the unequal distribution of wealth. Or crime, it makes some sectors called Favelas very dangerous, controlled by drug traffickers. Favelas are  precarious house built illegally with few basic services, exemplifying the segregation of the country.

I hate football because it is occupied as a means of social control by political "bread and circuses for the people". Also, it sport don´t like me because is controlled by a mafia organization, the FIFA, and finally because is given too much importance to it sport on mass media, overshadowing other facts and doing stupid people. 

Consequently, the World Cup for me is one of the worst things in the life and though I can recognize that it is good for people to be united and be cheerful, I think it should be for other reasons and that the World Cup is harmful for everyone. For example, the  last year the government of Brazil wanted to close a school to make the parking lot of a stadium. The people do not have food or safety, but the government spends more than US$15.000.000.000-

I have no idea of who will win (I hope that Chile will lose out soon), but I think it will be a combination of training, luck and intelligence.

 


2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good Alvaro, even though, I see that you don´t like soccer at all!

    Some important comments:

    To express future and what we have seen in class:

    "I AM going to tell you ..."

    "Brazil" is "it" grammatically, so "BRAZIL HAS"

    The word "people" is plural: 1 person 2 people. THEREFORE, YOU CANNOT SAY "PEOPLES"

    I would say, "at present, IT is Dilma Rousseff"

    How can you correct this: "Also, it sport don´t like me "?

    Here I would invert the sentence:

    " because TOO MUCH IMPORTANCE is given TO A sport on mass media, overshadowing other facts and MAKING PEOPLE stupid??.

    2 POINTS

    ReplyDelete